As America’s oldest and largest fur matching house, Henry Cowit Inc. has been remodeling and repairing fur coats for over 75 years. In fact, fur retailers from around the world come to us for matching materials for their fur remodeling and fur repair projects.
Fur Coat Repair NYC
If your favorite fur has become damaged, don’t panic! These are just a few of the many fur coat repairs that we can assist you with:
- Sew garment rips
- Fix loose seams
- Repair tears in lining
Many fur-wearers don’t realize that repairing fur is not like mending cloth. Fur repairs New York are best left to the professionals because specialized equipment, needles, and thread must be used to restore the garment back to its original condition.
Fur Restyling NYC
Not only can we repair fur coat damage, but we can also remodel and restyle your old furs into something modern, exciting, and fashionable. Our restyling consultant, Susan Romano, ran the J. Mendel remodeling center and has over 38 years of design and manufacturing experience. Here are some examples of how we can remodel an ill-fitting or outdated fur coat to make you a trendsetter for today’s New York fashion:
- Total restyle your vertical coat into a horizontal 3/4, stroller or jacket, possibly with a hood
- Raise or lower the armholes for increased comfort
- Shorten the full length coat to a 3/4 coat, jacket or vest
- Soften the shoulders for a less bulky look
- Shear down a mink coat for a soft, silky feel
- Resize a hand-me-down coat for a better fit
- Turn leftover fur materials into scarves, hats, earmuffs or headbands
- Make your older garments into home accessories such as a throw or pillows
Call us and we can set up an appointment to restyle that fur that is sitting in your closet.
A Touch of Elegance for Your Non-Fur Coat
Another fur remodeling NYC project we can help you with is adding a touch of fur to your non-fur coats made of wool, leather or cashmere. Just think about how stunning your ordinary garment would look with a new fur collar and a pair of fur cuffs. We also replace faux or fake fur collars or hood trims with luxurious fur trim. Let Madison Ave Furs help you look amazing this season!