Even while taking the best possible care of your furs, these stunning garments collect dirt, dust, and stains with normal wear. Henry Cowit, Inc. & Madison Avenue Furs, LTD. offers expert fur coat cleaning NYC, as well as and conditioning services for all of your furs, shearlings, leathers, and fur-trimmed coats.
How Often to Clean Your Furs
With average use, we recommend having your fur cleaned once per year by a professional fur coat care expert. Fur garments that you wear frequently or every day may require multiple cleanings per year.
DIY Fur Coat Cleaning
It may be tempting to attempt to clean your fur garments at home or to drop off your furs at a commercial dry cleaner. However, these practices can severely damage the quality of your fur and dramatically reduce its lifespan.
Benefits of Professional Fur Cleaning New York
• Removes stains, dirt, and dust
• Removes unpleasant odors
• Enhances the fur’s luster and sheen
• Keeps the fur soft and fluffy
• Helps your fur last longer
Tips for Fur Care NYC
While fur cleaning is best left to the professionals, there are many things that you can do to keep your furs looking lush and beautiful. Here are some fur coat care tips from our expert furriers!
• Never store furs in plastic bags
• Use cloth bags to transport furs
• Give furs plenty of room in your closet
• Allow fur to dry naturally after rain
• Don’t use a purse strap on the shoulder of your fur
• Don’t sit on your fur for extended periods of time